On behalf of the MOBI-US project, the professors at Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Babes-Bolyai University, and University of Miskolc have organized a short course on some of the latest methods developed and applied for mineral resource exploration and mining. This opportunity was addressed to MSc and PhD students in the related specializations – mineral exploration and mining engineering – in mid October and early November 2021.
The MOBI-US short course was organized in five units, comprising lectures, case studies and an online test related to what have been covered in the course. To avoid schedule overlap with regular university classes, these classes were organized in the evenings, and students who accomplished the short course received a certificate issued by MOBI-US coordination.
The program covered the following topics:
- Digital Mine
- Automation and the industrial revolutions
- Shallow geophysical investigations
- Interpretation of gravity, magnetic and geoelectric datasets
- New analytical methodologies in exploration geochemistry
- Geochemical vectors in magmatic-hydrothermal systems
- Elements of technological process in mining
- Case study on underground mine
- Innovative solutions for and challenges in underwater exploration
- Sea-floor exploration and exploration of flooded underground spaces, the case study of the UNEXMIN-UNEXUP projects
The MOBI-US short online course counted with 24 students who concluded the lectures and the short tests, from the four networking universities. Additionally, 11 more students have attended at least half of the lectures.
The MOBI-US online short course 2021 was one more successful initiative from the project!