MINING AND GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING
Pathway 11 has the same limitations as Pathway 10 due to the specialty of the Mining and Geotechnical engineering MSc at Miskolc. The hosting programme in this pathway is the Mining Engineering MSc at the AGH WUST. The curriculum of the AGH Mining Engineering MSc offers a large package of practical and field activities; well-prepared laboratory facilities; issues connected with facility design, geological and geotechnical constructions, mine rescue; technical case tours to mines facilities, such as underground mines, opencast and borehole mining plants.
Dr. Eng. Kornel Frydrych:
1st - winter [ECTS]
Engineering statistics 
Numerical methods and optimization 
Computer science for engineers 
Applied geology and petrography 
Blasting technique 
Spatial informatics 
Mechanized Excavation and Haulage 
Quality management 
Legal and economics studies for mining 
Hydraulic power supply 
Tunnel and underground mine design 
2nd - summer [ECTS]
3rd - winter [ECTS]
Advanced Surface Mining Methods 
Mining seminar 2. 
Thesis work I. 
Advanced rock mechanics 
Mining Engineering Design 
4th - summer [ECTS]
Occupational health and safety 
Design of mineral processing technologies 
Thesis work II. 
Applied physical chemistry 
Alluvial mining methods 
Maintenance and fault diagnostics 
Mineral processing 
Course descriptions of the mobility semester
Monitoring and control of natural hazards in the mining industry
Methods and means of methane hazard monitoring and controlling
Methods and means for monitoring and evaluating the risk of fire
Computer systems for early detection of fires Automated blood gas systems and supervision dispatcher in the mines Methods and means of control of the ventilation in the mine Case studies of disasters, burst gas and rock, inflammation and explosion of methane, spontaneous combustion of coal and mine fires.
– The student gains knowledge about the product gas underground fire.
– The student knows the instruments and apparatus for determination of gases in the mine air.
– The student knows the criteria for early detection of underground fires
– The student has the ability to evaluate early detection of endogenous fires
– The student has the ability to select the proper monitoring system for hazard fire.
– The student has the ability to determine the location of the sensors in mine
– The student has the competence to determine the hazard explosion during the fire.
– The student has the competence for assessment of fire endogenous development based on monitoring data.