Pathway 13 is the reversal of Pathway 12. In this case students from the Mining engineering, MSc of the AGH can use the mobility window to spend their second (winter) semester in Zagreb. The driving interest in this joint programme from the side of the sending partner is the improvement of the Mining Engineering MSc by including geotechnical courses and issues connected with sustainable development.
Prof. dr. sc. Biljana Kovačević-Zelić:
1st - summer [ECTS]
Rudiments of mining 
Economic geology 
Selected problems of surface mining 
Physical properties of rock and soils 
Selected problems of underground construction 
Information technology in mining 
Mining CAD 
Corporate social responsibility 
Advanced statistics 
Elective modules block 
3rd - summer [ECTS]
Mine fire 
Selected problems of mine planning and economics 
Diploma seminar 
Elective modules block (2 courses to be selected) 
Solution mining in salt deposits 
Selected problems of environmental protection 
Mine environmental engineering 
Hazards monitoring in underground mine 
Hydraulics of water wells 
Databases in environmental monitoring 
MSc Thesis 
Course descriptions of the mobility semester
- Aim: Getting to know the basic characteristics of rocks, procedures of laboratory and field test methods, rock mass classifications, estimation of rock mass strength and deformability, understanding of rock mass state and behaviour at different conditions in rock engineering.
1. Define and explain the basic physical and mechanical properties of intact rock material.
2. Apply the most common methods of laboratory testing to determine the basic physical and mechanical properties of intact rock material.
3. Analyse the data of discontinuity features of the basic structural domain.
4. Apply the classifications of rock masses.
5. Define and explain the geomechanical characteristics of rock masses.
6. Explain the basic principles of research and in situ testing methods in the rocks.
7. Assess the basic types of instability and rock mass failure forms on surface and underground structures.
Advanced mineral processing